Sunday, July 24, 2011

Training - Week Five

Don't give up on me. I haven't given up yet. Even though the last time I ran was almost exactly 3 weeks ago. [sigh]

Oh well. Last week I told you about how I had missed exercising in Florida because of my ankle pain. And then how I missed exercising the next week because my husband was sick. Well, guess who caught that little bug next? Yep. Me. Laid up in bed Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Finally went back to work on Thursday, but did not make the gym. Please - I could barely walk to my car without getting winded.

Can you say discouraged?

The upside, though? I got another week to completely rest my ankle. That's a good thing. I will test it out gingerly this week and will let you know how it goes.

Did you hear that, discouragement & misfortune?? I'm still in training. That's right! In your face!! You can't take me down! I may never be able to run for more than 2 minutes at a time, but I don't care! I will see you at the track and I will stare you down and walk/run/walk my way all over you. So there.

1 comment: