Friday, July 8, 2011

Training - Week Three

'nuff said.

Seriously, though, here's the deal. I did run on Monday. The old run/walk/run/walk. I did shorten my walk times to 3 minutes, but kept my run times at 2 minutes. I did pretty well. The trainer went with me to monitor my breathing and form. He said my breathing was "dainty." I said, "Thank you." He also said I did pretty well.

The training plan fell apart on Tuesday. I was supposed to do my swim in the lovely bay you see above. Not sure what happened, because I really did want to do it. I believe I was sleeping. The other wrench in the works is that my ankle started to hurt again after my Monday run (I twisted my foot pretty badly a couple of months ago and the pain flares up once in a while.) So, my trainer told me I should take a few days off. I love my trainer.

Don't think I'm not getting my exercise though. Because beach vacations with four kids in tow are not for rest. For fun, yes. For rest, no.

The gym will still be there when I get back on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that you're doing this, of course. And blogging about it, hooray! So excited for you ... and for myself to have a companion. You will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hannah, because I was seriously thinking about giving up today. :)

    ReplyDelete