Friday, July 1, 2011

Training - Week Two

First off, two things:
  • I haven't quit yet. Yay!
  • It's still cool to say, I'm in training.
I know, I know. Impressive for week two of some 30 odd weeks to go. It is a big deal though, because this week hasn't been easy. And if I make it through next week (beach vacation) without tossing all of my workouts out the window, I will consider myself good to go for the duration.

This week's summary will be short, as I have a lot of packing to do.

So, this week I followed the same run/walk plan as last week, alternating run days with swim days. Still easing into this whole running/actually-moving-my-body business. Everything went well, even though I missed my swim on Tuesday due to my having to work late. I was afraid missing a day would derail me, but it wasn't too hard to hit the gym again on Wednesday.

Two things I learned this week:
  • Running (I use the term "running" loosely here. In fact, for these first couple of months, just assume when I say "running", that I really mean "mostly walking with a little running sprinkled in") with a friend is a different experience than running alone (more on this later).
  • Running does wonders to ease menstrual cramps (TMI, seriously, but it is true).
Check back next Friday to find out how my vacation beach workouts turn out.

1 comment: