Friday, July 15, 2011

Training - Week Four

It is only for consistency's sake that I am even posting this week.

It's been a little discouraging because I haven't been able to work out at all since we got back.

After our 11 1/2 hour drive home from the beach on Monday, I thought it wise to simply write off Tuesday as a rest day. Then my husband came down with a nasty cold that totally knocked him out all week, so I thought it wise to come home right after work each day to give him a break from the kids and ferry them around to their various activities. Also, my ankle is still giving me some strange pains, so I thought it wise to not subject it to the unnecessary stress that running would cause.

I am feeling so wise.

But totally bummed. Even though I know there is a ton of time before the race and I am not even in my official "training" period yet, I am worried about injuring myself and never learning how to actually run. I want to run! It seems a very elusive goal at the moment.

Oh, track, how I miss you!

But that's okay. I have a plan. My plan is to reevaluate my ankle next week and see how I feel. If I need to, I will just walk and then swim on my off days until I feel like I can handle the running. My biggest fear is that I will slip back into doing absolutely nothing, but thankfully I have encouraging and realistic support here at home, so I don't think I will throw in the towel just yet.

Wish me luck for next week, and if you have any running advice or encouraging words, please send them my way.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa Marie BennettJuly 15, 2011 at 9:59 PM

    No running advice here! :-)

    However, I did want to let you know how impressed I am with your goal. I really look forward every week to reading your updates!

    Don't worry about last week. Life happens. It's how we handle it that really counts!

    ReplyDelete